The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer applies advanced engineering principles through the collection and analysis of data obtained from the field or from Project information and initiates a wide degree of creativity and latitude to develop innovative solutions and designs for the benefit of our clients. Familiarity with one or more of the following industrial service areas is preferred: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that occasional travel to client’s facilities, both locally and out of state, may be expected for client meetings and to obtain data from field observations and measurements.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Twelve (12) to Twenty-five (25) years of experience as a civil/structural engineer.
- Advanced design of complicated load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, platforms or pipe racks. Perform or direct advanced analysis of building materials for use in construction. Develop blueprint or specification packages for use during construction. Determine cause of structural failures, damages, and defects through site investigations and provide reports summarizing findings.
- Optional experience: basic surveying for determination of project elevations using level and/or total station equipment; limited stormwater/sewer design for small-scale in-plant systems or extension of existing systems.
- May act as Project Manager on select projects, based on experience.
- Assist in updating department standards or managing department software, as assigned.
- Ability to obtain data from field observations.
- Knowledge of building codes as they relate to civil/structural design.
- Relies on vast experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May lead and direct the work of other engineers and designers on designated projects; being a technical resource for the project team and department.
- Experienced in preparing and reviewing designs to assure compliance with engineering design, applicable codes, constructability, industry standards, completeness and presentation.
- Independent, advanced design of steel structures, foundations, masonry and concrete; Optional – limited surveying experience and small-scale storm water/sewer design.
- Capable of recognizing and correcting discrepancies with strong attention to detail.
- Interface with the client and other engineering disciplines as required in order to effectively and efficiently develop Civil/Structural designs and documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, STAAD and/or Robot, AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Chemstress Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
FOLLOW US and submit your resume and cover letter on
Your information has been sent.
Join the Chemstress TeamChemstress is respected for its superior quality, technical experience, and its growing presence and integrity. We reinvest to provide resources and direction to enable our Company and our people to realize their fullest potential.
Chemstress professionals average over 20 years experience with the company.