The Process Control Systems (I&C) Engineer serves as Lead Engineer on project work for clients and is responsible for gathering and analyzing technical data used to furnish a design package of deliverables to fulfill scope of work requirements that include preparation of 3D CAD drawings, generating instrument lists, I/O lists, specifications, and related design documents. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that the design process includes visiting clients’ facilities where they may be expected to perform physical work.
- Perform as lead discipline engineer on single or multi-discipline projects
- Maintain effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers and clients
- Generate specifications and related project design documents including but not limited to instrument lists, I/O lists, Instrument specifications, Sizing calculations and cable & Conduit schedules
- Specify hardware, design the installation of PLC’s, Industrial Process Controllers, and related peripherals
- Perform basic field commissioning and start-up of process control systems and instrumentation on an as needed basis
- Direct and check the work of designers ensuring all standards are monitored and applied.
- Observe safety and security design procedures to meet project specifications.
- Accepts other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in appropriate and related basic science or engineering field, PE license a plus but not required.
- 3 to 5 or more years working in one or more of the following service areas: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and/or Manufacturing
- Knowledge of all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation
- Ability to perform and check sizing calculations for flow meters and control valves
- Experience with PLC specification, Operator Interface, and Process Automation Controllers; configuration knowledge is a plus
- Proficient with P & ID’s, instrument loop diagrams, wiring schematic diagrams, panel layout and detail drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel); familiar with Revit and Autodesk CAD (3D preferred) software
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Accepts that this position may require some domestic overnight travel, including the potential for occasional extended assignments
Chemstress Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Your information has been sent.
Join the Chemstress TeamChemstress is respected for its superior quality, technical experience, and its growing presence and integrity. We reinvest to provide resources and direction to enable our Company and our people to realize their fullest potential.
Chemstress professionals average over 20 years experience with the company.