The Industrial Architect provides building design and specification support for manufacturing and process related projects. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that the design process includes visiting clients’ facilities where they may be expected to perform some physical work.
- Maintain effective communication with project team disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Collect and prepare data/information to provide architectural designs and specifications
- Perform building and fire code reviews for proper project scoping requirements
- Perform construction estimating, field inspection, building programming, and develop facility layout plans and construction documents
- Submittal review, interdisciplinary project checking, and field resolutions shall be performed
- Provide professional seal for governmental permitting procedures
- Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly
- Accepts other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor of Architecture is required, with State of Ohio registration required and NCARB registration a plus
- Two (2) or more years working as an Architect, preferably with experience in Commercial/Industrial Manufacturing or Utility projects
- Experience in AutoCAD (3D preferred), Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Accepts that this position may require some domestic overnight travel, including the potential for occasional extended assignments
Chemstress Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Your information has been sent.
Join the Chemstress TeamChemstress is respected for its superior quality, technical experience, and its growing presence and integrity. We reinvest to provide resources and direction to enable our Company and our people to realize their fullest potential.
Chemstress professionals average over 20 years experience with the company.