The Industrial Architect provides building design and specification support for manufacturing and process related projects. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that the design process includes visiting clients’ facilities where they may be expected to perform some physical work.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Maintains effective communication with project team disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Collect and prepare data/information to provide architectural designs and specifications
- Performs building and fire code reviews for proper project scoping requirements
- Performs construction estimating, field inspection, building programming, and develop facility layout plans and construction documents
- Submittal review, interdisciplinary project checking, and field resolutions shall be performed
- Provides professional seal for governmental permitting procedures
- Maintains compliance with all Chemstress policies, procedures, and standards
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Architecture with State of Ohio registration is required; NCARB registration a plus
- Two (2) or more years working as an Architect, preferably with experience in Commercial/Industrial Manufacturing or Utility projects
- Experience in AutoCAD (3D preferred), Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Accepts that this position may require some domestic overnight travel
Chemstress is an equal opportunity employer. The Company will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to age (40 or older), color, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender or transitioning status, and gender identity), veteran status, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Your information has been sent.
Join the Chemstress TeamChemstress is respected for its superior quality, technical experience, and its growing presence and integrity. We reinvest to provide resources and direction to enable our Company and our people to realize their fullest potential.
Chemstress professionals average over 20 years experience with the company.