The HVAC Engineer is responsible for gathering and analyzing technical data used to prepare detailed engineering designs for client projects. This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that the design process includes visiting clients’ facilities where they may be expected to gather field information.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collects and prepares data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations for HVAC system equipment sizing, and dust and fume collection systems
- Utilizes computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Assists in coordinating system operations, checking installations, problem solving, and maintenance and repair
- Maintains effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers and clients
- Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, PE preferred
- Three (3) or more years experience in HVAC Design
- Knowledgeable in mechanical codes, fire codes, and NFPA standard recommendations
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD 3D preferred
- Experience in plumbing design and fire protection systems a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Accepts that this position may require some domestic overnight travel
Chemstress Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Your information has been sent.
Join the Chemstress TeamChemstress is respected for its superior quality, technical experience, and its growing presence and integrity. We reinvest to provide resources and direction to enable our Company and our people to realize their fullest potential.
Chemstress professionals average over 20 years experience with the company.