Engineer applies basic engineering principles through the collection and
analysis of data obtained from the field or from Project information and
initiates a certain degree of creativity and latitude to develop innovative
solutions and designs for the benefit of our clients. Familiarity with one or
more of the following industrial service areas is preferred: Chemicals,
Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing. This individual
is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that occasional
travel to client’s facilities, both locally and out of state, may be expected
for client meetings and to obtain data from field observations and measurements.
To perform this
job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Upon request, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
these essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering;
Ability and desire to obtain Professional Engineer license when qualifications
- Up to Eight (8) years of direct experience as a
- Knowledge of building codes as they relate to
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to
plan and accomplish goals.
- Prepares designs in compliance with engineering
design, applicable codes, constructability, industry standards, completeness
- Design of steel structures, foundations, masonry
and concrete; Optional – limited surveying experience and small-scale stormwater/sewer
of load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, platforms
or pipe racks. Perform analysis of building materials for use in construction. Develop
individual blueprints or specifications for use during construction.
experience: basic surveying for determination of project elevations using level
and/or total station equipment; limited stormwater/sewer design for small-scale
in-plant systems or extension of existing systems.
- Capable of recognizing design discrepancies with
attention to details.
- Ability to obtain data from field observations.
- Interface with the client and other engineering
disciplines as required in order to effectively and efficiently develop Civil/Structural
designs and documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
with multiple deadlines and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, STAAD and/or
Robot, AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Authorize a background investigation, including
verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational
- Submit to a drug test post offer
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Accepts that this position may require some domestic
Consultant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection
decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Chemstress does
not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age,
color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
country, regional or local law.